Irish Sirloin Tip Roast
In honor of St. Patrick's day, here's a simple, flavorful roast that makes a great alternative to the tradtional corned beef and cabbage. Made with real grass-fattened Reverence Farms sirloin tip roast, this juicy, savory roast can be paired with mashed potatoes, cabbage or broccoli for an easy to prepare meal that is absolutely unforgettable.
- 3 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 2 oz whiskey
- 10 oz red wine
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C/350°F. Season meat with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan. Place pan in oven and cook for one hour.
- Add the whiskey and wine to the pan.
- Cook for a further hour, basting once more. Remove the roast from the pan, place on a serving dish and keep warm.
- Pour off excess fat from the meat juices, adding water to bring to about 15 oz.
- Beat the butter into the flour to form a smooth paste. Add a little of the juices to this and mix well, then pour onto juices, mixing again, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes to cook flour.
- Correct the seasoning. If the sauce is toothick, add a little more water.Serve separately, or pour over your roast.