This recipe comes to us from a customer, Susan H. The locally raised grass-fed Reverence Farms ground beef really brings a simple comfort food dish like meatballs to a whole new level. It's easy and delicious, it's good for an appetizer or a whole meal.
- 2-3 lb Ground beef
- ½ cup A2A2 milk
- 3 Eggs
- To taste Mustard (German spicy brown recommended)
- To taste Ketchup (or BBQ sauce)
- 2 cups Gluten-free bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp Basil, dried
- 2 tsp Tarragon, dried (ground)
- 3 tbsp Garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Dill weed (dried)
- ½ tsp Celery seed, ground
Directions for Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl add dried spices to breadcrumbs and whisk until well blended. Add ground beef and mix.
- In a medium bowl lightly beat eggs then add milk, mustard, ketchup (or BBQ sauce), and stir. Add liquid to meat and blend well, being careful to not over mix which can lead to tough meatballs.
- If meat is at room temperature, refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes. Omit this step if the beef is still chilled.
- Shape into 1½ inch meatballs and place on a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cooked through.
Directions for Parmesan
- Add a “bit" of sauce to cover the bottom of baking dish. Next place warm meatballs in a single layer, tightly packing them to fill the dish. Cover with a generous amount of sauce, followed by a layer of cheese. If using sliced rather than shredded cheese, tear into pieces. Bake at 3500 F until sauce is warmed through and cheese has melted and obtains a golden hue.
Reverence Farms ingredients in this recipe: Grass-fed Ground Beef Eggs This is a flexible recipe, and precise measurements are not required. After thoroughly incorporating dry ingredients, check the consistency of your mixture. Add additional ingredients, if needed, so it is not too moist or dry. In addition, feel free to adjust seasoning, deleting and/or adding any preferred spices such as oregano, sage, marjoram, etc.